Monday, July 14, 2003

Me and Mx

 photo menstu.jpg

I think we're gonna get on just fine.


On Saturday I went and met Mx, my travelling companion for our trip across America. We had a lovely chilled day in the garden and at the tennis club and both blatantly caught the sun. Met Nigel (the boyfriend), who's nice and he rustled up some cracking scoff. Also met the dog (burton), who is by far the biggest German Shepherd that I've ever come across. I've seen smaller shire horses and I'm sure I'd seen Frankie Dettori was riding Burton in the 3.45 at Ascot. Anyhow I don't normally have a problem with dogs, but on entering the house, Burton went straight for my bollocks. He actually nipped my jeans, which caused me slight consternation. However even by the end of the day I think he'd grown to put up (not like) me.

The trip itinery has changed slightly, basically Mx butchered it, but at least we are going to Florida. I'm quite happy with that, as long as we both get to see what we want to see, which in the main is the same. So Mx is left with the task this week of sorting out the tickets and arranging the visas. We did agree on a leaving date which will be the 15th September. Can't come soon enough for me, but we've got loads to sort out.