Monday, July 14, 2003

Phew ................... and breathe, I'll explain all later after another busy weekend.

So on Sunday, I left Mx's house and headed, on the train, for East Grinstead, where my folks picked me up to head to my Dad's Uncle's 80th birthday. I'm sure most of you (if there are any of you) have switched off by now, but bear with me here. Basically my Grandad had about 9 brothers and 3 sisters, I forget the actual figures, but there were lots. This party must have had the biggest gathering of the Reeves clan ever. In all, I suppose there were 14 of us who had been born a Reeves and most of us had never met before. Most of you who know me realise that I'm not the best at staying in touch, but that's coz i'm a Reeves. I think I'm over that now.

The Reeves Clan


(left to Right) We've got Cathy, Michelle, Sam, Bridget, Paul, Daryl, David, Gordon, Ken Snr. (B Day Boy), ???, Ken Jnr., Me, Me Dad, Auntie Bobbie.


It was really nice to meet relations I'd never met and some I didn't even know I had. As it turns out my Dad's cousin lives in Aspen, Colorado and has invited Mx and I to stay. As a bonus he arranges skiing and other activities so I know Mx will be in her element (and me to be honest). Blatant advertising www.wildernessways.com . I also met a 2nd cousin who has just returned from 2 years in Dallas and she gave me some tips and some contacts out there.

Anyway it was the end of another long, but tiring weekend.