Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Monday 2nd February 2004, Day 142/273 - Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii

Today we took the rainforest tour. We started with a walk through a river tunnel in bare feet. It was bloody sore. You see I've got accountants feet. We then walked across two rope bridges over river beds and also over stepping stones.





After a 3 hour hike we got to a freshwater pool where we dived into the tropical waterfall pool. I say dived, but I mean plummeted. I say tropical waterfall pool, but I mean icy abyss. It was exhilarating and Mx may say that I am a big girls blouse, but I didn't see her diving in. It was a another moment where I had to summon up my courage to do it.



We took the extreme trail back along the gorge with a great view across to the other side. We came back via the Iao state park and it's great scenery.
If you thought Hawaii was all about beaches (as I did) then you'd be wrong. There is so much more.

Today I learnt that Swedish miles are different from our miles. Apparently 10km = 1 Swedish mile. Weirdo's!