Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Sunday 8th February 2004, Day 148/273 - Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii.

Woke up surprisingly fresh at 7.50. Mind I have been looking forward to this day for ages. Not sure why as I know the games gonna be dull, but it will be an event. Today is Pro Bowl day. The Pro Bowl is the american football all star game. Basically the fans, coaches, players and media pick the best players from the 2 NFL conferences who then play off against each other in a end of season finale.

I bought my ticket on line a couple of months ago for $30. Dave managed to pick up a legit ticket yesterday for $60. The attendance was around 50,000. I had a fantastic seat, 3 rows back and right in the middle behind the end zone. It was the sunny end too, that didn't matter, but boy was it sunny.

I was right in that it was an event too. They took 30 minutes to introduce the teams and then had more pariotic poop for the anthem although the soaring eagle was a memorable touch.

It was a topsy turvy game. The AFC had led the game the whole time and were 18 points up with 5 minutes to go. Then in 90 seconds there was a 28 point swing. The AFC had a field goal to take the game into overtime which they missed and ended up losing the game 52-55. It was the highest scoring Pro Bowl of all time and a great day.

Bloo @ the Probowl


Bloo @ the Probowl


Bloo @ the Probowl


I said my goodbyes to Dave. We've done loads together and I'm sure one day I'll go to the World Cup with him and do the 3 peaks challenge.


One hundred and eighty!!!