Friday, May 23, 2003

Sunday 18th May 2003

Today was our first day of leisure or so I thought. I took a stroll into Uhmlanga Rocks centre to try and catch up on my blog and E Mails (Thanks Guys) and spent an hour and a half. It only cost 40 rand (£4) so that's a bargain.

Little did I know that there had been a training session arranged for the afternoon that I missed so I incurred a 50 rand (£5) fine for that. What a spanner. Put that fine on top of the fine I got because Ally ate my fines list and I'm £25 down. Yes she did eat it. Swallowed and everything. One sambucca and she's out of it. I did get back at her though, by moving her bed out on to the balcony. Head board and working table lamps.

The England fans have also begun to arrive in force and with them they always bring a small minority of twats.

In the evening we went to Porky's 2800 rand (£280) for 23 of us and then it was karaoke night. I don't think they had counted on us lot turning up. I sang RHCP 'Can't Stop' and absolutely crucified it. Far to harder song to sing. We then decided to enter into a sing off with the England by singing 'Flower of Scotland' at them. They didn't appreciate that, but it did break the ice.

These England fans were amazing though. They have followed England all over the world. One guy hasn't missed a game home or away since 1995. Now that is dedication.

Eventually we all ended the evening by all singing the obligitary 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. Mind it was 4 in the morning.