Thursday, May 15, 2003

Well 8 hours of work to go. Got my football kit last night. Squad number 18, which isn't bad considering I've never played for the team before. They very kindly gave me a smart new tracksuit, T Shirts, Shorts and Socks. I think I'm gonna look the part if nothing else. I had to pay £60 for the privilege, but I reckon that is a bargain. I was also given about 10 tubes of toothpaste, breathe freshners, chewing gum, mouth wash and mints. I asked if I had upset them and had to check my own breathe. Apparently I was minty fresh anyway, but they were freebies for me to give away when we visit the locals in the townships. I thought we were just going away for a booze up, but apparently we are going to be doing some good as well.

Any how my case is packed and I'm ready for the off. In the words of Ant and Dec 'Let's get ready to rumble!' God I'm even starting to worry myself now.