Monday, May 12, 2003

Today is quite a significant day in the Bloo Buoy world tour. Today is the day I sell my car. Goodbye hairdressers car, hello cheque. Decided to bank the money now to maximise my year out fund. Next step is to buy my ticket, coz September will soon be here. Still not heard anything back from my boss, that's beginning to matter less and less though.

 photo dadeb88a.jpg

The Hairdressers car that went today!


Today was also important because I passed my DAS Motorcycle test, which means I can ride anything I want now. Prehaps a bit of travelling via motorcycle is in order. I managed to Pass with only 3 MINOR errors. Well chuffed. I was a bit worried about my impending test when I went for a ride before hand. I managed to mount the kerb on my U turn, stall every time I pulled away and leave my indicators on all the time. All would be failures in the test.

They say 'It'll be alright on the night' and it all went well on the test apart from the thunder and hail storm. They didn't teach me how to deal with hail stones bouncing off my bonce. It was most disconcerting, because not only was I hearing hailstones hitting my helmet, but also hailstones hitting my examiners helmet, through my ear piece. At one time I looked down and had a pile of ice in my crotch. I'm now sitting at my desk with cold and wet testicles, but a pass certificate in my hands and a smile on my face.

I was also awarded the Clubman of the Year for Fleet Town on Friday. The Chairman said that without me the club could not run. That's a bit of a worry considering I'm not going to be there next season. Ho Hum!!

South Africa on Thursday night. 3 and a bit days of work left. Come on!!