Monday, September 15, 2003

4th September to 13th September

I was going to give you a blow by blow account of what I did on each of these days, but really it was far to rushed and a little strange and eerie feeling.

Anyway the week started with my final day at work which went very well and although I'm gonna miss some people from there, I'm really gonna miss the free internet access. Mind you it's only costing me $2.25 an hour here in Times Square. In truth I really appreciated all the gifts and kind word that I got when I left. The guys got me a 2 Seasons Sleeping Bag, a Maglite, A Rucksack cover, a money belt, a hanging wash bag and a travel alarm clock. Thanks Chaps!!! Special thanks to JB (Bungle) for getting me a road map (even if it hasn't got all the airfields on it).

After work we did the obligatory piss up. Which I throughly enjoyed. It was good to share a beer with Stan and Marie, Eastwood, Pearcey and Russ, Clure and Bolden, Debs, Caz and Pam, Pratt, Becks, Brooksy and Kells Bells, Guy, Big Steve and Char. Sorry If I didn't get round to speaking with all of you. Stan, where's the chuffing photo's!! Nothing like a Dukie night out, but then there's only 2 of us who understand that.

Friday was spent recovering mainly. I can't remember anything else.

Saturday 6th I managed to talk my Dad into buying me a new Rucksack and then went to Sittingbourne to watch Fleet lose 3-1. When will the ref's give us a break. Moan Moan!!

Sunday 7th went to watch Blackball at the cinema. Quite good.

Monday 8th was my first official day of freedom and I acheived nothing of what I wanted to or expected to. I did sign my will and tried to get used to the fact that I'm unemployed. Oh and England won a test match.

In the evening I put my bike to bed for a year. Good Luck to Alex with the forthcoming birth.

Tuesday 9th I went to Dover to meet ASWAS. Hope you got home okay and sorry you got drunk. I did get very freaked by seeing Dukies shopping in New Look.

The rest of the week was spent saying bye to people that I won't see for a year. It was all a bit surreal really.

I packed my sack in Saturday night in no time at all. I managed to fit everything in, much to the amazement of my Mum. My Mum had been clucking around my clothes pile for days really wanting to pack for me. I won though.