Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Friday 17th October 2003 - Day 34/273 - Charleston, South Carolina

The weather is really hot today but bearable. I'm considering whether to get out my milk bottle  pigeon chest or save that treat for Florida.

I spent the day just chilling on the hostel verandah, reading my book. I've got quite into my Bill Bryson. I've now read 2 books in 5 weeks. I don't think that I've read 2 books in my whole life.

Claire gave me a lift to the station to catch my 21.25 Greyhound to Kissimmee. If you're coming to Charleston stay with Claire and if you're not coming to Charleston then why not. Charleston is really nice and I might come back when I'm old enough.

For now I need tacky. It has long been a dream of mine to go to Florida, but I never made it out of Europe until this year. When I say dream, I mean that it was every kids dream to go to Disneyland, but it always seemed so far away and so expensive. I guess that was part of the lure. That and the magic.