Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Sunday 19th October 2003 - Day 36/273 - Kissimee, Florida

Woke up to discover wet patches all over the floor (no they weren't mine).  I nearly knocked myself out, in the middle of the night, when I tripped over a big black mass. I spoke to Romford man and he said that the bloke hadn't had the dog the day before and had found it on the streets and brought it back. Enough of these of these animal capers, I've got theme parks to go to.

Romford man and I have decided to do the Disney parks together. The best tickets we can find is a 4 day park hopper at $215.50 which entitles you to go to spend all day at all or any of the 4 theme parks for any 4 days in your life.

Armed with our tickets we caught the public bus from just outside the hostel, paid $1.25 and got to the Disney Ticket and Transportation Depot. From here you can catch a variety of different free transports to the theme parks and resorts or you can get free transfers on the public to other theme parks like Universal or Sea World. We took the monorail to Epcot.

Epcot is split into 2 sections. We went on all the rides and did everything. 'Mission Space' was the best, which simulates you being shot into space, where you encounter G forces and weightlessness. There was also the 'Test Track' which gave you the impression you were in a car being road tested. I thought that they made a real effort, on all the rides, to build the scene, with all the briefings and uniforms.

There were a couple of shows that are now appearing a little tired and in need of updating, notably 'Spaceship Earth', 'O Canada' and 'Honey, I Shrunk the Audience'. On the whole a lot of the rides were boring and meant for kids (who'd have thunk). They are trying to teach kids in a fun enviroment, but I'm not sure that's why kids come to a theme park. Having said that I think a lot of people missed the point of Epcot. It was a fun day out, but very knackering.

Oh yeah, Romford Man's name is Kev.





Epcot