Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Saturday 25th October 2003 - Day 42/273 - Homestead, Florida

So I had a 3 hour wait in Miami. Inside the terminal was freezing, it was far warmer outside at 5 in the morning. I only had a 40 minute transfer to Homestead. I called the hostel and Nicole came and picked me up, checked me in and showed me the facilities. It's really nice and only $13.00 a night for a non air conditioned 8 bed dorm. I'm staying in the Everglades International Hostel, 20 S.W. 2nd Avenue, Florida City. They offer free internet access, all they ask is a donation. They also have sky sports and some other cable channels, so I was able to spend the day vegging and watching sport that I understand and love for the first time in 6 weeks. It was only Bolton v Birmingham, but what does that matter.

The hostel is about 5 miles east of the Everglades so obviously thats the reason for coming here. I pumped the people about for the best way to explore the Everglades. The hostel arranges canoeing trips and hires out bicycles so you can do the trails. I signed up for everything going in the hope that one of the trips would have enough people to take place. I met one bloke from Glasgow, who went cycling in the 'Glades yesterday and got 187 mozzie bites. It seems I'm gonna get eaten alive, either by mozzies or a gator, but how sad for counting them.

I can't believe Salisbury have drawn Sheffield Wednesday away in the FA Cup. Lucky buggers.