Thursday, November 20, 2003

Friday November 14th 2003, Day 62/273 - San Angelo, Texas

Bacon and Eggs for breakfast, um, I might never leave.

Rosie has already decided that she has 2 Mums (Mummy and Mx) and 2 Dad's (Daddy and I). I can take no credit for it.

We were taken to the Air force (Andy's chosen career) base for happy hour where we could drink Newcastle Brown Ale. My first english beer in ages and the first time I've had Newcy brown since it was my tipple for a while (a short while) at school. The American Air Force base is amazing. It has it's own petrol station, Burger King, Pizza Hut and shop full of duty free goodies. That's just the bits I was allowed to see.

Afterwards we all went to the San Angelo Stadium to watch a game of high school football. That's American football not proper football. It's like going to watch the Dukie's play Sir Roger Manwoods in a 15000 all seater stadium, complete with cheerleaders and marching bands. There were only 1084 of us there which isn't bad considering San Angelo weren't even playing. It was a play off game between 2 local sides, and by local I mean within 50 miles.

At half time we were royally entertained by majorettes and flag wavers.

After a few shouts of 'Play up Dukies' and 'Give the ball to Julian', Roby Lions eventually beat Menard Yellow Jackets 20-0.

http://www.texaswest.com/sast/sp_hs_football/article/0,1897,SAST_14456_2431030,00.html

It was good fun to watch although as the game progressed you started to notice that it was the same people making all the plays. One guy was the quarterback, linebacker, punt returner, kicker and punter. Pretty much every other play was a quarterback sneak.

I think everyone thinks I'm skinny because they keep feeding me. I'm not complaining.



Mx and Bloo



Bloo and da Howards



A hunting stand, available in all good supermarkets



Howard, you're a fruit