Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Tuesday 17th February 2004, Day 157/366 - Mana, Fiji Islands.

For a change the sun is shining so we took a walk right around the outside of the island. The island has 2 hostel next to each other and the F$300 a night Mana Island Resort. The walk round the island takes 2 hours, not because it's a big island, but because walking through sand, wading in the ocean and clambering around rocky headlands all in Fijian time takes a long time.

Today I'm beginning to understand what Eastwood meant by paradise and a few more people arrived from the mainland. The water was so nice that I spent too long in it and got fried by the sun. I knew I was frying, but I couldn't help but enjoy the ocean.


The beautiful beach at Mana


Tomorrow nights' dinner on Mana!!!

In the evening we were treated to polynesian dancing including Luke's terrific fire dance. We were also taught the bula dance which reminded me of barn dances at school and was a mix between the macarena and saturday night with the pelvic thrusts from the time warp. It gave the locals a cheap thrill to see a load of red europeans making pratt's of themselves.