Friday, August 20, 2004

Friday 20th August 2004 - Day 341/365 - Tanjung Bungah, Penang, Malaysia

Did the rounds saying bye to the Barmen, waitress, bell boys and local shop keepers and dishing out books and flip flops (don't ask), much to there delight.

It's been nice to see my folks again. We've played cards, darts and pool and drunk beer and Singapore Slings and Rusty Nails and listened to crap music. Sometimes it's felt like the Pontins Crocodile Club, but not often.

I'm sure they've seen a difference in me. They did say that they were amazed that I've got this far and really did think that I'd be home by Xmas 2003. In truth, the only time that I considered coming home early was from Penang, when I wasn't very well.

My parents fly home tonight, whilst I remain for one more night before heading to Thailand for the final 23 days of my trip.

No comments: