Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Wednesday 25th August 2004 - Day 346/365 - Ao Nang, Thailand to Bangkok, Thailand

Off the cuff last night I changed my plans and booked a flight to Bangkok for today rather than going to Phuket. It was only 2765 Baht and my hope is to get the next plane home. It wasn't quite as unplanned as I make it sound, it's something I've been considering for a while. I've said before that I'm ready for home. I'm just weary of travelling, my hearts no longer in it and I see no point in delaying the inevitable.

I don't look on it as a negative step. I'm really looking forward to doing normal things, like working, watching football, my Mum's cooking, having a beer and a game of pool in a proper pub and catching up with all my real friends, instead of the fake friends you meet on the way that you play lets pretend with. I'll just point out that I have also met many good lifelong friends along the way.

I think Asia is harder to travel around on your own. It doesn't have the hostel comradry of Oz. MOst of the accomodation is guesthouses. I could make the effort to meet people, but I really am past caring. I can't be arsed with the tours or making the effort with new people. A sure sign that I'm ready for home.

This posting probably sounds very depressing, but I assure you that I am far from depressed. I'm actually very positive about the future. I just feel like a row boat on a pond and the attendant is saying. "Come in Mr Bloo, your time is up." and what a time it's been.

No comments: