Saturday, August 14, 2004

Thursday 12th August 2004 - Day 333/365 - George Town, Penang, Malaysia.

What meal do I want when I get back? That was the question that my Mum asked me the other night. Bit of a silly question really, because I return on a Tuesday. You see the Reeves (snr) residence is run under strict routines. One such routine is the weekly meal rota.

Sunday - Roast (rotate - Pork, Lamb, Beef, Chicken)
Monday - Left overs with gravy.
Tuesday - Something with mince (rotate - Spag Bol, Rissolles, Meatloaf)
Wednesday - Curry
Thursday - Mixed Grill
Friday - Fish and Chips (Steak for me)
Saturday - M&S prepared dish or BBQ in summer (rain or shine)

All meals expertly prepared by my Mum apart from the BBQ which Mum still lights as Dad is at football. So you see, on the day I comeback I know that I will be eating mince. Dad once said to me that if you have routines then you never forget anything. Trouble is he does forget things. Yesterday he went out with on 1 hearing aid in.

I think the last few days has proved to me that I am ready for home. I need to use these last couple of weeks to relax as much as possible. If I don't then I may as well be at home freaking out.

Met another of Dad's contacts today. Nagie was a locally enlisted RAMC soldier during the 1960's. He's Malaysian and served 6 years in the British Army before the Army pulled out. He still had one year to serve and claims the army deserted him and is left with no pension. He's quite a character.

No comments: