Friday, August 06, 2004

Sunday 1st August 2004 - Day 322/365 - Singapore, Singapore.

These guys really get in your face. Even the charity box collectors. There arehordes of them on every street corner, but I guess they have to make an extraspecial effort to be different from the opposition.

Singapore is a country, city and island all in one.

They really don't understand the concept of queuing. As I'm English I obviously do and automatically stand behind a person to start a queue. Everyone else justgoes straight to a spare counter at the desk and relies on the Sales Assistantto ascertain who is next.

I risked the vagries of the MRT (tube) to get out to the Airport. It was no hassle really. They use reusable plastic cards with chips in as tickets. You pay an extra $1 as a deposit, but its all rather wozy doo.

At the airport I spotted my folks early on. They'll be the ones with pale skin,wearing trousers and jackets. They were delighted with there anniversary gifts. Traditional singapore fare ofM&S Wine and biscuits. You foreigners really won't understand. Oh and I waswrong it's 31 years.

I caught up on all the news from home, whilst Mum tucked into the Singapore slings and dad had his first Tiger beer in Singapore for 39 years.

I think my Dad was happy that I'd thought about my future and more importantlywhat makes me happy.

Apparently at the Farnborough Airshow this year, the american stealth bomberflew all the way from the states did a quick fly past and then then flew backagain. Unfortunately it did the flypast at Blackbushe airport, about 10 milesup the road from Farnborough. Um and we wonder why there are so many peoplekilled in friendly fire.

No comments: