Friday, August 20, 2004

Sunday 15th August 2004 - Day 336/365 - Tanjung Bungah, Penang, Malaysia.

Watching the Olympics last night I really that I have gained an irrational hatred of most things American. However, It was nice to hear a nice and restrained rendition of the Star Spangled Banner after all the glitz and tat that I experienced in the US. The boy Phelps has done well, but he couldn't help whooping like, well like an American, when he won.

I can't remember the last time I missed the opening day of the football season. Actually it might have been 1992, when my parents decided to take me to Majorca as opposed to seeing Aldershot play Clapton in their inaugrual game as the new club. I did make Collier Row away on the Tuesday tho. Since then I've always holidayed outside of the football season. Maybe that partly explains my current marital status. It's been weird being away from football. I'm sure it's done me good, I'm just not sure how!

I did get to watch the mighty Spurs play the hub cap nickers live on Satelite. They get every single Premiership game shown as live or live over here. I may never leave (not really, I need to eat sometime). Anyway Spurs showed some signs of promise, but I'm not saying anything too positive until I've seen them a few more times. As a Spurs fan I've got used to false dawns.

Fleet got a pasting, according to the scoreline, 1-4 at Hastings. By all accounts it appears we were unlucky, but we would say that wouldn't we. Hopefully we'll have at least a few points by Bashley on the 14th September. Don't think I could keep my spirits up for too long if we get Xmas again still in single figures.

You've gotta love copies. Office 2003 and Dreamweaver 4 (not sure what Dad wants that for) for 5 rm each. Sorry Bill if you're reading. All bought from proper shops in pukka shopping malls and they work.

Taxi drivers. In KL the taxis all had meters and that's what you pay. In Penang, they have meters, but cover them up and haggle a price before you go anywhere. In fairness you find yourself arguing over 10p or something rediculous. It's still very reasonable.

No comments: