Saturday, July 31, 2004

Saturday 31st July 2004 - Day 321/365 - Singapore, Singapore.

It's 9am and I'm sweating my nee nees off. It's no warmer than Darwin, it's pure humidity. I can't see the sun either and now it's started raining.

Its all very quiet in these parts at this hour, but I think its the calm before the storm.

There are shopping plazas on every block. So much choice you wouldn't even know where to start. It's no cheaper than anywhere else, until you start haggling in the arcades with the independents, but then you have to question the authenticity.

I got suckered into being measured for a shirt and a suit. It's okay, I pleaded poverty, but I did discover that my neck is now 17 inches. Thats 1.5 inches in a year. What a bloater!

And what about the public toilets. I know we had a messy problem at Fluor with the muslims, but the only time I've experienced holes in the ground for loos is in uncivilized countries like France.

I've finally given in and bought myself a pair of thongs. Never thought I would, but after 11 months of warm weather and socks its even too much for me. After all the micky taking I've relented. I'm weak I know.

I ended up in a really seedy shopping plaza where women kept offering me massages charged by the minute. I was only looking for the internet cafe.

I still haven't answered the - What do I want from a partner? question. The only thing i'm sure of is trust and an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things sporting. To that end it seems unwise to subject anyone to the Reevesy curse. I'm adopting the be yourself and wait and see what happens strategy.

No comments: