Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Friday 16th July 2004 - Day 306/366 - Alice Springs, Northern Territory.

Best hump ever!

I expected Alice to be an old town with wooden buildings and a dirt track going through it.  It's actually the second largest city in the northern territory although that isn't saying alot as the population is only 30000.  The main street is a pedestrian shopping precinct and obviously the town is a stop off for people heading to the Red Centre.

I went on a camel safari with the Canadian girls.  Australia actually has the largest number of camels in the world and exports them to the middle east among other places.  It's not unusual to see wild camel wondering around in the outback.  In fact your more likely to see them than Kangaroos.

This country is weird.  I went to see King Arthur at the cinema.  It's the first time I've ever experienced a heated cinema.  It's only 14c outside.  It's hardly freezing.  As for the movie don't bother going to see it.  I'm very bored of this type of Braveheart cum Gladiator movie.  It's been done before and better. 

The late nights and early mornings are really catching up with me, but it didn't stop me meeting Nicola and Heike for a drink.

No comments: