Thursday, July 22, 2004

Wednesday 21st July 2004 - Day 311/366 - Alice Springs, Northern Territory to Perth, Western Australia.
 
Had a 9.10 flight to Perth.  Looking forward to knowing no one and being anonymous for a while, so I can chill and catch up with blog and E Mails.

Fleet had there second Pre season friendly last night.  Can't believe how quickly it's come around.  I'm looking forward to getting back there to watch.  I feel so distant. 

On the bus to the Airport I found my mind wandering to what the first few days back at home are going to be like.  There's so many people I want to see and speak to. 

The little plane coped with the flight very well, until we got to Perth.  We got a great aerial view of the Rock.  Perth is windy and rainy and the pilot warned us that we were low on fuel, the visibility was poor and that if he can't see the runway he may have to carry out a missed approach procedure.  Great with no fuel.  As it turned out, he was able to land the thing, despite very serious buffeting from the wind.  It was actually the smoothest landing I've ever had.

So much for not knowing anyone.  I met Jodi, another Canadian from my Kakadu trip on the plane.  We're gonna do beer.

With the wind and the rain, Perth is much warmer than Alice. 

Having been out the elements for a few weeks my lips are all cracked and my skin all dry.  I look a right picture.

As I close in on home the time difference is not 7 hours.

No comments: