Friday, July 02, 2004

Friday 2nd July 2004 - Day 292/366 - Darwin, Northern Territory.

Stupid questions

Talking of stupid questions, when I was out from my early morning run. I said G'Day to a guy unloading fruit juice. He asked me how my day was. Mate it's 6am ask me again when it's had a chance to develop.

I think I spent too long in the sun yesterday. I was only in it for an hour from 9.30 until the shade of the stand covered me, but I've got a massive ring around my neck and arms. Yep the Farmers tan is back. I had to go to bed as soon as I got in yesterday as I had a massive headache.

I must be the person I know who can be travelling for a year and never have bought any sun cream. I'm was still using the bottle that I brought with me and that wasn't brand new. I've been skiing, I've been to California, Florida, Hawaii, Fiji and Australia and I still haven't used it all up. I couldn't find it yesterday and that's why I got burnt. Now I'll have to buy some more.

I read Phil Tufnell's autobiography. Lots of funny stories, but he was a bit of a rascal and if he hadn't been such a bloody good bowler he wouldn't have played much for England. In truth though he should have played more than the 40 odd times that he did play. He's been through lots of strife, but I'm sure he'd admit that a lot of it was his own doing.

No comments: