Thursday, July 29, 2004

Wednesday 28th July 2004 - Day 318/365 - Albany, Western Australia.
 
Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad!  Is it really 30 years.

Had a bit of thought today.  Lone coach journeys tend to do that to me.  Todays question is :- What is the Meaning of Life?  Answers on a postcard, comments, e mail or text message.

The reason I ask is that i know my Dad is going to ask me what my plans are when I see him next week.  Not in a bad way, but just coz he's a concerned parent and thats what he does and I suppose he cares too.  I'm not sure what my answer would be, apart from I want to be happy.  There just seems so many things that I just can't control.  It all leads to another question :- What makes you happy? 

I was just thinking back to my little Purple Pixie friend Nicola.  I first spotted her in a night club in Darwin.  She was with her friends and they were putting glow sticks all over the place.  I was with a group of her male acquaintances and was pillaging the glow sticks from said places.  We never spoke to each other.  When I reminded her of the night she recalled me, but thought I was just some random drunk guy.  She did confirm that her friend, Coleen, pointed me out as her backup, in case her fella turned up.  He did turn up, but can you believe that I, Stuart Reeves, was somebodies back up.  That's great.

Albany is a lovely little place.  It has lovely bays and coastline.  I'm glad I made the effort to come down here.  A real little gem. 

I'm doing a half day tour of the local sights for $40.  We went to the Gap and the Natural Bridge and other spectacular rock formations.  Frenchmans Bay is lovely.  I did a tour round the old Whaling Station, which is now a museum for $14.  This was the last whaling station in Oz to close in 1978.  It's pretty gruesome what they used to do to these magnificent creatures, but it's a very good museum.  On the way back we stopped at the Wind Farm and Stoney Hill for a spot of Whale Watching.

My Dad cracks me up.  He sent me an email to say that I'll have to cut back on my drinking when they come out to Singapore.  Yeah Right!  For those who know my parents, know they are perfectly capable of knocking back a few sherbets themselves.

Here's his quote:-

"Pity you will have to cut down on the drinking when your Mum & Dad are with you.   Tiger is rubbish anyway!  Make you sing though!   As I remember "Far away places", "A troopship was leaving Bombay" and "I'd like to get you on a slow boat to China" , "See the Pyramids along the Nile", and many others." 

One problem Dad, I don't know any of those songs.

No comments: