Thursday, July 08, 2004

Thursday 8th July 2004 - Day 298/366 - Darwin, Northern Territory.

Pencil Cricket

In the middle of reading Henry Blofeld's biography and it reminded me of playing pencil cricket at school. Did anyone else play this? If I remember rightly using a compass you pierced 1-6 holes in a pencil (why we didn't use dice I've no idea), each number represented either runs, dot balls or chances. Then with another roll of the pencil you would decide how many runs or whether you were out or not. We used to have big tournaments as I recall.

We all know I've watched alot of sport, but I promise you I've never seen anything with the intensity of the State of Origin. This year the series has gone right down to the final game. You must watch this if you come to Oz. The atmosphere in the bar was electric and I'm not even in Queensland or New South Wales.

The game was close up until half time, but then the injuries from all the hard hits started to take effect. The game finished 34-18 to NSW.

Why is it that when someone is snoring in your room everbody wakes up apart from the guilty party?

No comments: