Thursday, December 11, 2003

Saturday 6th December 2003, Day 84/273 - San Diego, California

My final day in San Diego and I still haven't seen the Pacific ocean. Apparently the waves are good and the beaches beautiful with lots of good surfing. I'll save the beaches for Los Angeles.

In the evening Mx, Sean (from Farnham), Yon (from France) and I went ice skating on the outdoor rink ($8). It's something I've always wanted to do. It looks so cool especially to the back drop of a giant christmas tree and christmas carols.

It was my first time skating in 11 years. I remember my last time vividly as it was with a whole group of new friends that I'd made when I first moved to Fleet and included Nikki. She was a decent figure skater and skated rings around everyone, whilst I spent most of my time on my arse. The first time I went skating, I fell over and someone ran over my hand.  Luckily their edges were blunt and I had gloves on, but I still have the scar to prove it. I never felt the need to go skating again and embarrass myself further.

This time however after an initial lap of holding on to the barriers I surprised myself with my balance. The rest of the time I spent dodging sprawling kids, but I didn't fall over and I do believe that I can now stop on ice skates without using the barriers for help. Yon being 22 years old and French spent his whole time trying to chat up girls. It was embarrassing, he was like a dog on heat.



After we all went to TGI Fridays (again) and ate and drank copious amounts of Margarita's.