Thursday, December 04, 2003

Tuesday 2nd December 2003, Day 80/273 - San Diego, California

Got woken up at 5.00 by a phone call. "Would you like some company?" a man's voice said. "No" I said and hung up. It rang again. "Would you like a blow job?" I just hung up and left the phone off the hook.

I didn't sleep to well after that. So I checked out and took the short walk down to the hostel. It's the USA Hostel at 726 5th Avenue and is in the same chain as the Vegas hostel. To that end it's very similar. These are purely meant for international travellers. They cook a dinner every night for $4. The dorm beds cost $19 a night. They also arrange tours to Mexico and pub crawls at night. It's situated in the heart of the gaslamp area of San Diego which is very vibey.

I've got a few days here and also it's halfway through the day so I opted to spend the day at the library abusing the free internet access, with all the smelly vagrants. The hostel offers 10 minutes for $1 which is cheap for America, but not free. I'm so behind on my blog and responding to E mails it's unreal. My blog is written up in my journal, I just need to transfer it to the computer. I've got so many unanswered E mails as well. I like having a full inbox, but I hate not answering them.

Apparently my afternoon in the library made me miss the visit of Governor Arnie to town. The shame.

Incidently San Diego has an interesting variation on the street names. It uses letters as opposed to numbers on the cross streets.