Monday, December 15, 2003

Wednesday 10th December 2003, Day 88/273 - Hollywood, California.

What a nights sleep I had. The bloke in the bunk above me rocked up at 4.00 am drunk as a skunk. He couldn't walk, it was quite funny. He tried to clamber up onto his bunk but failed miserably so opted for the passing out on the floor option. He woke again at about 5.30 and proceeded to pee in the wardrobe. It's quite funny to be able to laugh at someone else's inebriation.

Today I took the metro one stop north from Hollywood and Highland to Universal City. From there I took he free shuttle up the hill to Universal Studios.

It costs $47 to get in. I had a good day, but I think I'm suffering from theme park fatigue. It didn't have any rollercoasters, but most of the rides were pretty good. It's got the Mummy, Back to the Future, Spiderman (which was shut), The Blues Brothers (Live Show), Shrek 4D (very good), Jurassic Park (very wet), Backdraft (impressive), the Special Effects Studio, The Studio Tour (with Jaws and King Kong), Animal Planet Live and Terminator 2 3D (which was good until it broke down).






I had the $4 Chicken Teriyaki in the hostel and then it was comedy night again. This time it was funnier. The dollar beer helps.

Comedian - So how long have you been in the States?
Bloo - 3 months
Comedian - Wow! Whats the best place you've been to?
Bloo - Hooters!