Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Monday 15th December 2003, Day 93/273 - Hollywood, California

Went and reserved a car today for our drive up the Pacific coast to San Fran which starts on Wednesday. $52 a day.

Finished book 9 now. John Grisham's - A Painted House. Really easy to read and well written, but not sure I actually learnt anything and I was left with more questions than answers.

Movie night in the hostel tonight. 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' was the first film. Too weird for me so I left. I think you need to be on drugs to appreciate it. That's alright for most of the people in the hostel (especially the staff), but my drug days are long behind me.

I'm so bored. Mainly because I'm not feeling well and not doing much, but also because I've spent about 20 nights in a row in hostels and this is my 9th night in this one. There's nothing much wrong with the hostels, but I guess I was happier on the Greyhounds doing the cities quicker.

I suppose I've always suffered from this. I was a nightmare on a weeks holiday. After I'd caught up on my sleep I was ready to go home or move on.

I'm tired of having the same conversations with different people that I've got nothing in common with. I haven't really bonded with anyone in this hostel, travelling isn't always enough. Everyone is doing the same route. I'm glad i've done it slightly different from the rest, but I am currently trying to work out what to do with my month in Oz.  I may need to extend my time there.

I have learnt that you can't be best buddies with everyone. You can't click with everyone. That isn't a bad thing either. They might find me boring, but you know what? I find them boring too. You is what you is baby!