Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Tuesday 16th December 2003, Day 94/273 - Hollywood, California

First stop today was to the bookstore to buy the book that Andy H suggested. I went to 2 used bookstores on Hollywood Boulevard to try for a book swap, but all they have are trashy romance novels with stains all over them. I eventually found a decent store and bought 'Around Ireland with a Fridge' by Tony Hawks.

Mx and I then spent the rest of the day doing the tourist thing of walking up and down Hollywood Boulevard taking photos of the stars at our feet. It's an odd phenomena, but has to be done.




Who?


The Hoffmeister


How cool is he?


Legend!


Shame he can't see it


Nice hair


Who ?


Legends


That's me that is


Hmmm! 9 and a half weeks


My fav actor


My fav band


Legend


Just a funny name


Legend


Who?


Thats me that is


Why?


Why?


It's not unusual




Legend






My favorite Bond girl




Perv


In the afternoon we walked down to Paramount studios to watch the filming of the US Sitcom 'Becker' starring Ted Danson (of Cheers fame). We got the tickets for free from a bloke on the street. You can find these blokes all over Hollywood handing out tickets to be in the studio audience. We were lucky and got into a half decent show. We could have been watching 'Dr Phil' or something else I'd never heard of.

For our trouble we got a slice of pizza and a small bottle of water. It was interesting to watch the filming, but it did get very tedious as they have to film every scene 3 times. We were there 3.5 hours to see them record a 30 minute episode, not including adverts and half had already been filmed on location.

The episode we watched was the 2nd to last in the final series of Becker. If you get to see it I can guarantee you a few laughs, but watch out for the ending. It's supposed to be powerful, but it's typical American cheese. We cringed the whole way through it.

Time has begun to stand still again. I guess it's because I know I've got somewhere to be. The first 2 weeks of the tour went really slowly, but since then time has flown by.

On the whole I've enjoyed myself in Los Angeles. There is plenty to do, but I'm just tired of all the travelling you've got to do to get anywhere. I did stay out of the real scummy parts.