Friday, May 14, 2004

Thursday 13th May 2004, Day 243/366 - Sydney, Australia.

Bondi, Scotty and $5 steaks

Caught the local train out to Bondi Junction ($2.85). Takes about 15 minutes. I then followed my nose down to the beach. That takes about 30 minutes. Gorgeous winters day on the beach. My kind of beach weather. In the 20's lovely. Lots of surf as well. I reckon even I could catch a wave. Bondi is much different to how I imagined it. It's smaller and set in a little cove.

I followed the coastal walk south towards Coogee passing the lovely Tamarama, Clovelly and Bronte Beaches. Its a beautiful coastal walk, including the cemetery where I now would like to be buried, overlooking the ocean.

In Coogee I had a pink face and a thirst so I went to the TAB. Meeting Scottie (a mate from home) in Coogee. Everytime I've met him, we've both been drunk and playing pool. I'm sure tonight will be no different.

Scotties' working out here and living in Coogee.

We walked through the University campus to a Student Bar, where we ordered $5 Steaks and drank copious amounts of alcohol. Scottie is a legend with the ladies. He 'knows' the barmaid so we got cheap drinks all night. He says things to them that I could never get away with. I know coz I tried. They just look at him all doughy eyed. They just blank me. There was Helen however, who's claim to fame I can't even begin to describe.

Another worrying feature coming out of the evening is that everyone now seems to be able to guess my age. Up until about a year ago, I still looked 12, but now the signs of aging are showing. Or am I kidding myself

So much for the early night. Scotties got work at 6am. I think we left the pub at 1am and I still had to get the bus home.

No comments: