Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Tuesday 18th May 2004, Day 248/366 - Sydney, Australia.

Rainforests and asians

Booked a day trip out to the Blue Mountains ($55) on the advice of my mate Vincent, who I met in Hawaii and am going to stay with tomorrow.

I think this could be a nightmare. The bus is full of asians. I see a white female face so I approach. She turns out to be a septic. Cue the Pyscho music. I go to sit at the back on my own.

The 1st stop is in Glenbrook in the lower Blue Mountains to see the mob of Kangaroos. What cool animals and they let you get very close to them too.

Next stop was Jamison Lookout where we took a hike down to the Wentworth Falls. There's some impressive views accross the valley.

I got talking to a graduate who is travelling for 6 weeks before starting his new job as an audior in LOndon. When I told him that I worked in Accounts and offered some pearls of wisdom he asked if I had been to uni and which professional qualifications I had. When I said he didn't he blanked me for the rest of the day. And that gentlemen is why I hate graduates and accountants. How dare that little turd judge me. He already has a patch of white hair, probably from taking life too seriously.

Then theres the Asian family. They had a fat little 8 year old kid who couldn't do the walks. When we left he was eating an ice cream. When we returned he was eating an ice cream. Bearing in mind there was 1.5 hours between this, I'm sure it wasn't the same ice cream. i just wonder how many he stuffed in between. He also cheered when lunch time was announced.

In the end it became a battle between the guide, who was trying to inform us off what we were looking and adding some beef to the bones, and the asians, who he was rudely interrupting what they were going to be having for tea. No doubt it would be ice cream for dessert.

There was another asian couple, who actually turned out to be from San Diego and were very septic. Should of realised when he wore his sunglasses on the back of his head.

The tour continued on to Echo Point to look over the aborigine legend the 3 sister and then on to Scenic world. We took the 1000 step hike down to the rainforest floor. At the bottom the guide went funnel web spider hunting. Yep the most dangerous spider in the world and he was in search of it. He didn't find it. I was happy deluding myself that they weren't here. Call me naive.

We took the scenic railway back up to the top. Apparently its the steepest in world at 52 degrees. Then it was back to Sydney. Top day. The tour is a good lesson in Nature and Culture. The tour guide, Dave, was again top man.

I also learnt recently that the reason why they ask you keep you seat belt done up in a plane because when it crashes they know who it is from the manifest. Also You have to put your head between your knees, not to kiss you ass goodbye, but apparently when you hit the floor your neck breaks easier in that way. Cheery and probably bull.

No comments: