Saturday, May 29, 2004

Saturday 29th May 2004, Day 259/366 - Byron Bay, New South Wales.

Was it really 5 years ago?

Today is my 5th wedding anniversary. Well it would be had I not got divorced 1 year ago today too. It was also one year ago today that I returned from South Africa.

What better way to celebrate than a spot of Beach Fishing ($55) as suggested by Griffb (it's his brother in law). It meant a 6.30 start, but I've got time to recover.

We caught a few Whiting between us, but (as ever) the big one got away. At least we managed to feed the sea kites and it's not about catching it's about getting out there.

When I got back I took a walk up to the beach at Byron Bay. I can safely say that it's the most stunning view from a beach that I've seen. Maybe I caught it on an exceptionally good day, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, there was blue for as far as the eye could see. The town itself is full of tourists and shops that cater for them.

No comments: