Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Wednesday 26th May 2004, Day 256/366 - Port MacQuarie, New South Wales to Coffs Harbour, New South Wales.

You looked so comfortable like that

Went for a run down the coast. Can you get bored of Coastal Paths? I really struggle to get motivated for running, but when I'm done I feel great. I even feel that I've deserved my Bacon and Eggs today.

Read Hitler Military Commander by Rupert Matthews. I think the man bit off more than he could chew. The cheese definately slipped off the cracker there.

When I got to the hostel in Coffs Harbour there was a guy in his bed with a fresh plaster cast on his leg looking a bit sorry for himself.

Bloo - "That looks nice and fresh"
Guy - "yeah I did it the other day"
Bloo - "Oh no, so how did you do it?" Expecting something exciting like surfing or sky diving or rock climbing.
Guy - "I feel off that bunk there" pointing to the bed I'd chosen " and now my leg is broken"
Bloo - "You must have been drunk"
He wasn't

Big night in the Egg chasing (league stylee tonight). It's the 1st game in the State of Origin Series. New South Wales taking on Queensland. It's a bit like Yorkshire v Lancashire but bigger. Anyway it was a good excuse for a beer.

All the hype was well worth it. The game started at 100 mph and ended on a golden point. NSW winning.

I was asking myself the question "Am I meant to be with anyone?". You what I don't think I am. I need to be me.

Met a couple in the bar who offered free alcohol. So out came the Sambucca's. It was this time last year that I tried it for the first time in South Africa. Hadn't touched it since.

No comments: