Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Sunday 9th May 2004, Day 239/366 - Melbourne, Australia to Canberra, Australia.

Oz Greyhounds

We went back to the ground to watch the young academy sides. There were U9's, U12's, 2x U14's, U16's, U18's and girls teams all playing. By the looks of things Macca has a tough job on. It's a terrific idea, but they need more talent.

Opted for a beer and a bath and Glennis' chicken Fajitas as opposed to Varta's BBQ. Glennis wanted to go to the BBQ to save her cooking, but it'd be a bit rude turning up just for food and then buggering off.

They dropped me off at the Greyhound Station in town and I was on my tod again with the 21.00 bus to Canberra. I must Thank Ian and Glennis. I had a really nice time with them. It was good to see them in their true light. Malaka's

My first experience of Oz Greyhounds is not dissimilar to the US ones. They're a bit more organised (with allocated seating) and the clientelle are slightly classier. Oh and the buses have proper chemical toilets.

They had some Colin Firth film on. The one where he's Lord Dashwood and finds out he has an illegitimate daughter. Soppy Shite!

No comments: