Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Wednesday 12th May 2004, Day 242/366 - Sydney, Australia.

Bridges, Opera Houses, Campo and Killing Bill 2

This is the one year anniversary of me passing my bike test. No Idea why I remember that.

Felt pretty ropey when I woke up this morning. I blame Glennis for my sore throat.

It's pretty gusty out, but still much warmer than Canberra and Melbourne.

I walked down through Hyde park, stopping at the Anzac memorial, the reflecting pool and the Archibald fountain. Then I was there at Sydney Harbour with the bridge and the Opera House. 2 of the most famous landmarks in the world and I'm here. Excuse me whilst I pinch myself.

They are both far bigger than I imagined. The Opera House is a remarkable structure.

At circular Quay there is a fantastic network of ferries, running like a railway.

The Rocks is a nice area of the city at the base of the bridge. It's so nice that David Campese (Campo) owns a little shop there. He was in, but was on the phone so I didn't get the chance to call him an arrogant w@nker or ask if he still thought that Oz were better than England at Egg Chasing.

I climbed the Harbour Bridge pylon ($8.50). you can climb the actual bridge, but it cost $155 and takes 3.5 hours. Some facts. The span of the bridge is 503 metres, but it's total length is over 1100 metres. It took nearly 8 years to build and was finished in 1932. In total it cost 10057170 pounds 7 shilling and 9 pence.

Darling Harbour has the Aquarium, the Imax, more chances to cruise the harbour and lots more cafes.

I went to watch Kill Bill 2. Not sure why as I didn't like the first one. There's a great fight scene between Daryl Hannah and Uma Thurman, but I still don't entirely see the point of the film. It's much better than the first part and not as blood thirsty, but still way too long. At one point Bill says the C U next tuesday word. Its so wrong coming out of an Americans mouth. Just like when they say W@nker.

Everyone loves Sydney and that's why I thought I wouldn't, but I do.

No comments: