Thursday, June 17, 2004

Monday 14th June 2004 - Day 275/366 - Mountain Creek, Queensland to Noosa, Queensland.

Bugger

How much does a pirate pay for there earrings?

A Bucaneer.

Happy Birthday to the Queen. What I want to know is how do the Aussies get a bank holiday and we don't.

Cathe gave me a lift into Maroochydore to catch my bus to Noosa.

I'm on an information blackout until I watch the replay of the England France game that was played this morning. All was going well until a frog on the bus gave the game away.

I booked a Fraser Island tour. This may sound a bit sad, but I opted for the 2 day 1 night tour, as I wanted to be back on the mainland for the State of Origin game on Wednesday night. With a discount the tour came to $185.

Noosa is a very trendy little resort. By that I mean expensive. Yet anouther beautiful beach and bay. On a bank holiday in England would you be able to get anywhere near the town let alone a spot on the beach. One slight hint at a problem would be all the building work that is going on in all these seaside towns, striving for the evil buck. I'm not saying these places are all turning into Benidorm (far from it), but keep Oz as it was made. Special!

I've had to buy a bag to fit in all my bits. My thinking being it's cost me the same as it would to post things home.

I managed to catch the replay of the England game. It's good to see a young squad with plenty of potential. What can you say about the last few minutes apart from that's what makes football a great game. It can be cruel sometimes, but I still love it. Beckham? I've been saying it for a while. Poor old Emile. What was James doing? He set the wallup. Zidane kicked the free kick to his side and he didn't even move. He should have been sent off and he'd have been suspended so we wouldn't have to suffer his calamities for a while. It's a cruching defeat and the lads need to get there heads right quickly for the next game.

No comments: