Sunday, June 20, 2004

Sunday 20th June 2004 - Day 280/366 - Mackay, Queensland to Airlie Beach, Queensland.

How did that just happen?

Happy Birthday Caz. Happy 30th Milkmaid!

Taken a bus up to Airlie Beach. Airlie is the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands. You can take your pick of any number of yachts to cruise around the islands for 2/3 days. I however fancy doing the sea kayaking.

How beautiful is Airlie Beach? The answer is very bloody.

I'm not sure how it happened, but I walked into a shop and came out half an hour later having spent $490 on a didgerido. I was going to pick up a cheaper pre made one, but this is a lovely big thick one, that I chose my own design and story on. It also came with a lovely boomerang and free delivery. So Mum when the nice man from DHL turns up in 3 weeks with a huge box it's for me. I figure I've save $400 by not crusing the islands, but I realise that that's dumb logic.

No comments: