Saturday, June 19, 2004

Friday 18th June 2004 - Day 278/366 - Mackay, Queensland.

Godsisters?

Arrived in Mackay at 7.20. Surprisingly I managed a fair bit of sleep on the bus and I was able to watch the England v Switzerland replay. Nice to see us get a couple of goals from open play, but it really wasn't a very convincing performance.

The other day I found a new relative. It's a 16 year old God sister, my god mother's god daughter. Rhetorical question - Can I marry her?

Mackay is a far bigger place than I imagined. It's a city, but not a tourist destination. There seems to be a few unemployed, a few abos and all the teenage girls are pregnant.

Went to watch Shrek 2. I was the oldest person in the cinema without kids of my own. In the same vain as the first film. There's a fantastic spoof of cops and mission impossible.

No comments: