Thursday, June 10, 2004

Friday 4th June 2004 - Day 265/366 - Brisbane, Queensland to Kingaroy, Queensland.

The next stop will be Peanut Central

I had a job trying to find a way of getting to Kingaroy. Nobody seemed to understand why I wanted to go there. Apparently its Peanut Country, but its also where my Godmother and her 3 children live. Auntie Carol (although I think we worked out that we're second cousins) came to Oz travelling to escape the small scottish village where my Mum and her were brought up. She liked it so much that she emigrated and now works as a teacher in Peanut Central.

This is my first venture inland, off the traveller trail to see real Australia and Australians and how they live. kingaroy is 3 hours north west of Brisbane.

As ever waiting for me at the house was a letter from my Mum with all the paper clippings, keeping me in the loop with what happened in Fleet. Interestingly Hart is said to be the happiest district in the UK to live in. http://www.fleet-online.co.uk/story.asp?intid=554&txtpaper= and to think that you guys mock me.

No comments: