Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Sunday 13th June 2004 - Day 274/366 - Caloundra, Queensland to Mountain Creek.

Free the Refugees

Took a drive to Moffat Beach so that Carol could inspect her unit and we met Cathe whom is another friend of Carols where I will be spending tonight.

Went to Mooloolaba for a mooch around and said goodbye to Carol, Eleanor, Erin and Lucas. Thanks for having me and I look forward to seeing you all in December. Thanks also to Jim and Julie and I hope some day they will make it to England.

Cathe and I went to Ginger factory at Yandina.

I need to get back into the hostels. I've become almost addicted to Big Brother. Miriam (the She/He) was introduced to the house on Friday night. She was immediately clocked by Ryan who was heard to mutter "I just saw a frank and beans". It did get exciting tonight when Merlin (honourary bird) was evicted and instead of being interviewed he sat on the couch with masking tape over his mouth, displaying a banner saying 'Free the Refugees'. This went down like a lead balloon with the audience, who booed him at every opportunity. Great controversary.

Bit disappointed on how the Euro 2004 Champs have been portrayed on the news. They've only mentioned the English hooligans, with no comment on the result of the first 2 games or the opening ceremony. No wonder everyone expects me to bottle them when I say that I like football.

No comments: