Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Tuesday 1st June 2004 - Day 262/366 - Surfers Paradise, Queensland to Brisbane, Queensland.

Koala Hugging

My courtesy bus driver from the hostel slept in. He didn't get up until 8.30 and my greyhound leaves at 8.40. We arrived at the terminal just in time. I walked round to the coach and the driver asked me where I was going. He just chucked my bad in the stowage and told me to get on board. No body checked my tickets. They counted the number of passengers (14) and checked it to the number who had checked in (13) said that was close enough and headed to Brisbane.

An hour later we were in Brisbane, I'd met up with Mx and Catherine and Nadine and we headed to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary ($12.80). There are loads (130) of Koalas here and you get the chance to hug one and have your photo taken with it ($15). You can also hand feed the Kangaroos and Emus. I also saw Tasmanian Devil, Dingoes (ate my baby), ecidnas and saw a Wombat move. I think I only now need to see a Platypus.

This is the most expensive sanctuary that I've been to but by far the best.

No comments: