Sunday, April 11, 2004

Friday 9th April 2004, Day 209/366 - Paihia, New Zealand

Can't remember how many beers we drunk last night, but judging by my head it was at least 1 to many. So all I could manage to do was my laundry (and that hurt) and then do the honourable thing of having a kebab for my breakfast.

The Easter break is a very busy day in Paihia. It feels positively packed today. Actually it's not, it just feels it. There are all sorts of people taking part in all sorts of Water activities.

I met up with Briggsy for lunch and she'd arranged an overnight cruise for us on the Rock. We departed at 16.00. The Rock was a small converted car ferry that a guy had taken on as project. There were only 16 of guests on for the night at a cost of $140 pp.

In the evening we got to do shooting and fishing. I managed to catch 4 snappers and Briggsy caught none, but then she was better than me at shooting, although I had the rifle with the dodgey sight. We then had a barbecue on board and drank from the bar. Later at night was the highlight with a sea kayak under the stars. It's was a very serene experience on the thankfully tranquil water.