Saturday, April 24, 2004

Saturday 24th April 2004, Day 224/366 - Matamata, New Zealand.

Firestarter


Today I was asked to help start fires down the drive to burn off the dead stuff. I was quite surprised when you consider Briggsy escapades when asked to do the same task. Maybe it's some kind of Tanner initiation ceremony or maybe the were sacrificial fires in honour of Briggsy passing, back to the UK.

The Tanners don't have a TV. Well that's not strictly true, they do have a TV and video in the flat, but I haven't even touched it yet. I haven't missed it in the slightest. I'd seriously consider not having a TV at home. What's the point in staring at mindless drivel when you have decent radio and a good book.

So how do you entertain yourself on a Saturday night. Well you have homemade pizza, a few beers and a game of trivial pursuit. The only problem is that it was 1985 version of the game, I was 10, the others were ........ older. I felt totally thick, either that or my brain has turned to mush from not working for 7 months.