Sunday, April 18, 2004

Sunday 18th April 2004, Day 218/366 - Matamata, New Zealand.

Went for an early morning run (I've no idea what's come over me) then had a huge Tanner fry up. I helped Michelle in the veg plot (sort of), I only managed about 5 barrow fulls. After I played football with the kids until a hurt ankle stopped play again. I must be a jinx, but this time there was no trip to hospital. I then helped Eric out on his Land Rover. Well If I'm being honest I watched him working on his Land Rover.

In the afternoon we did a spot of Clay Pigeon shooting in the back garden. My first time at it and it went pretty well when I opened my eyes. Harriette, the 10 year old, asked if she could shot the 22 instead of the shotgun. Eric's response, in true Kiwi style. "No Harri, its the 12 bore or nothing." I later made Briggsy' day when I went to retrieve the clays. I spotted one in the ditch. It looked like a hard bit, but upon further investigation it was soft, very soft.



Try this in your back garden.




Soft Landing.




Ditch jumping, badly.


Roast Beef for dinner. Haven't had Roast beef for 7 months and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We were eating No 47 which was slaughtered and Butchered by Erics fair hands.

There is something truly rewarding about this lifestyle and being able to provide for you and your family, but don't think for a minute that it's an easy life.