Thursday, April 15, 2004

Thursday 15th April 2004, Day 215/366 - Mount Maunganui, New Zealand to Tuapo, New Zealand.

Last night we had a very civilized night taking advantage of the local cinemas movie and meal deal for $23. Had a nice meal and then watched Monster (Briggsy's choice). I didn't know anything about the movie before we went in, but it turned out to be an inspired choice. How is it though, that you always end up feeling sorry for the person you shouldn't. Charlize Theron was superb in it and just a little scarey and not pretty.

At 7 this morning I found myself running up Mount Maunganui. It's bigger than it looks and it's definatly a lung buster. I thought I'd done some serious damage to them from diving, but I'm still here now. When you get to the top it is all worth while. Stunning!!! Nothing else.

We tried to arrange some big game fishing for today, but apparently its off season as the water is too cold. So we're heading to Taupo instead to do some trout fishing and White Water Rafting. It's a beautiful and it's a shame to be driving. Got a lovely site on the Waikato River and booked the rafting for tomorrow and the fishing for Saturday.

On the journey down I got to thinking that this time in 5 months I'll be home. I'm actually quite looking forward to it at the moment. I'm not wishing my time away away, but I am keen to put all my plans for the future into action and test out the new and improved Bloobuoy. That's been the best thing about the last couple of weeks. It's really given me the time to do a lot of positive thinking and formulate plans. The lingering doubt is how easy it would be to slip back into my former self.