Thursday, April 29, 2004

Thursday 29th April 2004, Day 229/366 - Christchurch, New Zealand.

Um Beer!

Happy first day back at work. Remember that smile.

I had a nice evening with Liz last night. We only had dinner, but for me I was able to draw a line as to were we were at.

Back in the hostel they had 'Gangs of New York' on. I could only stand it for about 30 minutes. It was drivel.

I woke early, firstly because I slept badly, secondly because I was in a hostel and thirdly because I wanted to enjoy my last full day in New Zealand.

By 7am I was strolling through the park on a crisp fresh morning. I met Liz for breakfast (bagels) and sold my bike for $100. We went to the cinema to watch 50 1st Dates. There was lots of laughs in it but it was all a bit woolly. Still a chick flick. It was nice to see that it was shot on Oahu. I love Hawaii.

I failed miserably in the trying not to awkward stakes. So I walked her back through the botanical gardens and we said our goodbyes at the roundabout on Riccarton Road.

I'm relieved to be able to put that chapter in my life to bed and I can now get on with being a miserable twat. The last 24 hours have been tough for me. It's something that I felt I needed to do, I'm glad it's over and I'm glad I did it. Already I can feel the tension lifting from my shoulders and gut. Going to drink some beer.

On the way to the Holy Grail I thought I just confirm my flight details for tomorrow. It's something that I've not done before and I'm glad I did because I had the details all wrong. I fly out at 6am on Saturday and not 17.00 on Friday. I've no idea what I was thinking when I booked that flight. I've had to change all my hostel bookings (only 2 I'm not that organised/anal) and book a shuttle for 3.45. I think I'll just go to bed now. No bugger it the ale house is calling.