Thursday, January 15, 2004

Monday 5th January 2004, Day 114/273 - Denver, Colorado.

#*+& me it's cold. It's -20 c outside. I've never known anything this cold, except for when I worked in the freezers at Marks and Spencers. It's so cold that it makes your nose hairs freeze instantly.

We started to walk to the car hire place, but quickly sacked that idea and took the shuttle up there instead. We rented a Pontiac Vibe, which is a funky little car, but totally underpowered.

I'm getting used to this foreign driving malarkey and even managed to negotiate some traffic circles on our way to the Coors Brewery in Golden, Colorado. They offer a free tour that's pretty interesting, but as ever they made plenty of claims that we have no way of proving. The only one I do believe is that 70% of their product sales are Coors Light. Unfortunately we weren't able to take full advantage of the free samples as I'm the only one old enough to drink, but I'm also the only one able to drive.


Hmmmm Beer!


Conversation of the day with tour guide having realised we're from England.

Guide - "Have you been to our brewery in London?"
Bloo - "No, whereabouts in London?"
Guide - "Burton on Trent"

Drove out on the I70 into the Rockie Mountains and the ski resorts. We managed to get as far as Breckenridge until the roads got too icy and dangerous. The scenery was as beautiful as expected.




Road trip to the Mountains

Took the boys back via Hooters (for an eyeful), before heading back to the hotel where we packed and then finished the vodka. We had a laugh and watched American Wedding. Having finished the vodka we headed out in the search of more alcohol. I think luckily we were unable to find any, as the 7-11 stops selling alcohol at midnight.


Bloo getting lucky