Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Thursday 1st January 2004, Day 110/273 - Denver, Colorado.
Happy New Year!

Well what a year I had last year. Sure a few bad things happened life, but I think on the whole it was a good year for me. It was a year in which I was in some part forced and in another way I forced myself to confront and, in the main, conquer a lot of personal challenges. I was taken out of my comfort zone and put into situations that I wasn't used to. I suppose that is something to be thankful for, but they were issues that I had to resolve and i had to look at them sooner than i thought i would have had to. I've had to put myself first and really try to evaluate what's going on in my life. Don't know if I've changed as a person or just rediscovered myself.

So what was my year like. Well my first official engagement of 2003 was to visit my solicitor to commence divorce proceedings. By the end of May I was divorced, I'd been to South Africa, i was the proud owner of my own little house, i was back living with my parents and planning my round the world trip.

It was a year when I went to Stringfellows, became a regular at Jaxx, went to Hooters and even Nuage (twice). Lest we forget that I ran 2 half marathons and 1 10k and passed my motorbike test. For the first time in my life I travelled out of Europe to South Africa, USA, Canada and Mexico. I even went to the Isle of Wight for the first time. I've been fortunate enough to watch baseball, american football, basketball and ice hockey live in the US. I've seen such wonders in the world as a white rhino in the wild, Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire States Building, Disneyworld, Las Vegas and the Everglades where I went on an air boat ride and held a 'gator. I think most importantly for the last 3 months I've done something new everyday and learnt something new either about myself or life in general and I've still got at least another 6 months to go.

Well on this New Years Day instead of spending it at the traditional New Years Day football fixtures, we had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and I bought a pair of trainers. I missed my Nike Cortez's so much that I bought a new pair.   They were so cheap. Only $25.