Thursday, January 08, 2004

Sunday 21st December 2003, Day 99/273 - San Francisco, California.

First thing today was to book my flight to Denver on the 29th. It's been hard to book the tickets online as expedia wants an address to send the tickets to (The Littlest Hobo, c/o some dive) and the airlines won't take UK credit cards online or over the phone.

We then went to IHOP for breakfast, but unfortunately it was closed, as we discovered was half of San Francisco due to a massive power cut. So we took a cable car out to Fisherman's Wharf which was an interesting experience.

It turned out to be a bit of a wasted day as lots of the places are closed. We did loads of walking and saw plenty of real Americans (poor and weird) and real America. I know my legs are aching, but my parents get around well for OAP's, especially when you consider that my mum has a broken toe. She broke it on the cage she got to put my sick cat in. Um fate???

It's nice to have them here and not just because they are spoiling me rotten, although I'm loving that by the way.

Today the news is reporting a heightened security level across the country. The way it's reported is very different to back home. They just seem to be waiting and wanting to report an attack. We wouldn't even know if the level had been changed back home.